The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Job Position: Security Officer
Job Location: Obajana, Kogi, Nigeria
- Mann assigned area and keep watch over facilities, assets, personnel, etc.
- Monitor entry and exit of persons and check to ensure available authorization.
- Conduct activities in adherence with approved security policies and procedures.
- Handle all security incidents, requests/ emergencies at assigned locations and escalate to Head, Plant Security where necessary.
- Provide first level fire-fighting support in the incidence of fire breakout at the plant.
- Document activities and maintain accurate, up-to-date records of security incidents.
- Monitor security-related issues in assigned areas and promptly escalate to Security Supervisor for resolutions.
- Participate in security incidents investigation.
- Provide guidance and assistance to less experienced Security Officers (where necessary).
- National Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- 20 years experience in industrial security/Government Intelligence Agencies/Armed Forces.
Skills and Competencies
- Basic understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- A sound understanding of DCP’s security requirements and ability to deploy best-fit systems.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of security systems and law enforcement practices.
- Sound knowledge of physical and security risk management approaches
- Ability to think strategically and holistically
- Very good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to pay adequate attention to detail
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online