MTN Always-On Data bundle are affordable data plans with day and night elements which gives excellent internet experience to customers with higher night volume usage.
The Always-On data plans are aggressively priced lower when compared with the respective data volumes.
How does MTN “Always-On” Data bundles works?
The daily and weekly plans allow customers to enjoy the “Day allocation at any time of the day while the night allocation can only be used from 11pm – 6am.
The monthly plans have a monthly data volume that is dropped in a drip system on a daily basis. The daily allocation will be dropped at 12am (midnight) every day for the 30days period.
Who is this service meant for: All MTN customers can subscribe to Always-On data bundle.
How to Activate MTN Always-On Data Bundle
You can subscribe to any MTN data bundles via the following channels:
- USSD: Dialing *131*1# or *904# and selecting your preferred data plan
- SMS: Sending the bundle plan keyword to 131. (See table below for keywords).
- myMTN App: download and log on to the MTN mobile App
- myMTN Web: by logging on to www.mymtn.com.ng
- MTN Bot (Zigi)
- MTN Top-It/VTU
How to check MTN Always-On data balance
You will be able to check your data balance via the following channels:
- SMS: Texting 2 to 131
- USSD: Dialing 1314# (for main data bundle and bonus), or *556#
- MTN Bot (Zigi)
Key facts about MTN Always-On data bundle
- You can activate multiple Always-On data plans and all the data bundle purchased will have its own unique expiry dates.
- You can activate Always-On data bundle if you are having Access bundle active on your line. All the data bundles you purchased will have their own unique expiry dates
- If you have multiple data bundles active on your line, the data bundle with the least validity will be used first.
- You will not be able to enjoy any bonus offers even if you are eligible on Always-On data bundle.
- You will only be able to roll over both your unused day and night data element of the bundle ONLY if you buy another Always-On data plan from the same category with the current bundle within the stipulated grace period
- You will be able to transfer only from the day data element to another line by dialing 131*Phone number Data amount# or, text TransferPhone numberData amount and send to 131. But you will not be able to transfer from the night data element.
|Plans||Data Plans||Validity Period||Activation||Opt–in for Auto-renewal||Opt–out of Auto-renewal|
|Plan||Price (N)||Total Data Allowance||Daily Data Allowance||Time of Use||Validity||(SMS to 131)||(USSD)||SMS (R Code 131)||SMS (No Code 131)|
|Daily||60||200MB||50MB Day +150MB Night||Day & Night||24hrs||160||*131*160#||NO160||R160|
|Weekly||120||450MB||120MB Day+330MB Night||Day & Night||7 days||161||*131*161#||NO161||R161|
|Monthly||3000||15GB||500MB||All day||30 days||162||*131*162#||NO162||R162|
|6000||45GB||1.5GB||All day||30 days||163||*131*163#||NO163||R163|
The table above best explains;
N60 for 200MB – 50MB Day and 150MB Night
How to Apply – USSD *131*160# or send NO160 to 131
N120 for 450MB – 120MB Day + 330MB Night
- N3,000 for 15GB – 500MB Daily for 30 days
- N6,000 for 45GB – 1.5GB Daily for 30 days
- mtn 45gb always-on plan
- mtn 15gb monthly always-on plan
- what does mtn always-on plan mean
- does mtn always-on plan rollover
- mtn always-on plan review
- monthly always-on plan mtn
- mtn always-on plan code
Some key questions about MTN Always-On data bundle includes;
Can I share MTN always on data?
YES! Everyone on the MTN network can access the Data Gifting service. You can now transfer from your existing data balance to your friends and family. Simply dial 1317*1# and follow the prompt OR text Transfer Phone number Data amount to 131. The maximum amount you can transfer in a day is 1GB.
Is MTN always on plan good?
YES and the good news is that the new MTN Always-On Data bundles are available to all and sundry, and they pack almost as much value as the Data4Me plans. For example, the monthly Always-On plan offers 45 GB data for N6,000 only for a month.
What does always on mobile data mean?
MTN Always On means you never run out of data. You get a set amount of blazingly fast 4G and 5G data, then a reduced data speed of 384 kbps from 8am to midnight.